Monday, August 27, 2007

20th August, Arrival, Bangkok

Shit, blogging... never done this before.

Well, I landed safe and sound in Bangkok. I had the good fortune to be sitting next to someone that was not fat, smelly or inconsiderate. Joe, who's a high-end recruiter / head-hunter was about to embark on a 3 week trip round Vietnam. So the flight was good, I got to watch plenty of shows, movies and play a few games.

Arriving in Bangkok was full on, the new airport is massive and there were plenty of touts prepared to rip me off. I managed to get a taxi for 400 baht which was a bit better than the drivers initial offer of 900.

I arrived at the hotel which felt like walking into the past, it's an old art-deco building (the oldest hotel in Bangkok) and has been maintained in what seems to be absolute original condition. To add to the old feeling I was given an envelope with a letter from Meredith and Tim when I signed in, felt like receiving a telegram or something. They were there earlier that day and had written a few pointers for me.

No comments: