Tuesday, September 4, 2007

28th August - 2nd September, Sihanakouville

This place was cool. Maybe I'll live here.

I had more time in Cambodia than was needed for Siam Reap and Phnom Penh so, on Meredith's recommendation, I decided to visit Sihanakoville on the coast.

I stayed at a place called the Monkey-Republic which is owned / run by some Poms that seem to be in it for the lifestyle. There were some really cool people there, got ridicously drunk each night and at one stage I laughed most of a spring-roll out my nose. When happy hour ended at our guest-house we'd go over the road to another happy hour, where a handle of beer was 25 cents... Both bars had a kitten that I would inevitabally end up playing with. We'd then go to a bar at the beach and occasionally end up in the water - sadly this saw the death of my second MP3 player. Lucky I have one more which I managed to fill with music from a place that loads music for tourists.

One of the days I went for a boat trip out to the islands... went snorkling and then headed out to a really nice beach where they cooked freshly caught
fish for us.

1 comment:

Diana of Versailles said...

Loving reading about your travels. Can't wait for more!